Random Post 1

I have recently tried some new food/snack places around the LA area that I think are really good. I tried this place called Mochinut which sells mochi donuts. They have a ton of different flavors that they rotate out every week. They are pretty expensive compared to other stores like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts---I delivered a half dozen to my apartment and it cost about $19. I also recently tried Melo Melo which is a coconut-like dessert with fresh fruits or fruit jelly inside. What I found really cool about Melo Melo is that their desserts come in glass jars and if you save and bring in 10 jars, you can get a free one. I think people should try these places if they really love dessert/sweet foods. 

Some other restaurants I've been to recently are Bestia and Manuela. They are both in the Arts District. I really liked Manuela because it had a cute outdoorsy ambiance. The restaurant had a lot of plants as decoration and the food was pretty good as well. We went during brunch hours so we had their breakfast menu (their biscuits were really good!) Bestia served Italian food; I went late at night on a Saturday and the place was full of loud music and packed with people. I really recommend both of these places if you are looking for something new to try. 

This weekend I also went to In-N-Out and a cat cafe. I think it's a crime that the nearest In-N-Out is 15-20 minutes away and they don't do delivery :(  When we arrived there, the drive-thru line wrapped around onto the street and we waited about 30 minutes in the line. It was totally worth it though! And for the cat cafe, this was my first time at any kind of pet cafe. I personally really like cats, so this experience was so cute to me. They gave us an hour time limit and we were able to play and pet the cats. 

Comments

  1. Hi Lauren! I have been wanting to try Manuela and Bestia for years now and have heard nothing but amazing things about Manuela's biscuits. I also think its crazy that there is no In-N-Out relatively close to USC and that they don't offer delivery! I personally don't eat red meat so I get the "grilled cheese" option which is still pretty good. What would you recommend getting at Bestia?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! Loved reading your post and hearing your thoughts about different restaurants around town. I'm a huge fan of Bestia, but haven't had the chance to try Manuela before. A cat cafe sounds super cool. I don't think I've ever seen one before, but that sounds really fun. I'm also super shocked that we don't have an In N Out anywhere near campus. I know for a fact it would do so well as a business and would be in very high demand by many students. One on Fig or the village would be perfect. Overall, great post!
    -PR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lauren! I really enjoyed reading your post! The only place I've tried of the places you mentioned is In-N-Out but Mochinut has definitely been on my list for a while! I'll definitely have to try it next time I'm in the area. Out of curiosity, what 6 flavors did you get? Which were your favorites? The other places you mentioned also sound really neat, especially the cat cafe! Although I'm technically allergic I hoping to check a dog or cat cafe one of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lauren, thanks for trying Melo Melo. It is actually owned by one of my best friends. I really hope you like it! They have recently released a new flavor called Osmanthus Oolong flavor which is very delicate I think. It has three different layers of Osmanthus syrup, coconut jelly, and Oolong tea jelly which makes it not super sweet because of the contrast of the flavors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lauren, I enjoyed reading your post. I'm a big fan of desserts so I will defiantly have to try out Mochinut. In N Out is my favorite burger place so I can't agree with you enough about not having one close to USC. When I go back home it is always my first stop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lauren, thank you so much for the LA spot recommendations to have sweets or coffee. I also recently went to a cat cafe, maybe its the same one you went to!! It was so cool, I had never been to an animal's cafe like that either. The only problem was the friend I went with discovered he was allergic to cats when we got there so we couldn't stay long.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lauren, I enjoyed reading your post, and I will definitely be trying out some of your recommendations! I am so glad you liked Bestia because it is one of my all-time favorite Italian restaurants. My favorite dish on their menu is probably their homemade gnocchi. I definitely want to go back to try more of their dishes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

AMDP Final

Random Post #2

World We Imagine 1