Book #2 Post 1

 For Book #2 I am interested in reading Resilient: How to Grow an Unshakable Core by Dr. Rick Hanson. From what I read from the summary, it seems like it would be similar to other books I have been interested to/read in the past. A couple years ago, I read this book called The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. It talks about personal development and how to elevate/improve your life using four different mottos/lessons on life. For example, I remember it was something along the lines of always doing your best, and don't take anything personally. This book made a big impact on how I view life. I feel like over the past couple of years, I've tried to become more self-aware of my actions and thoughts so I can become the best version of myself. 

I also read this book called A Neurosurgeon's Quest to Discover the Mysteries of the Brain and the Secrets of the Heart by Dr. James Doty. This book also made a big impact on how I view life as it talks about how having empathy and forgiveness can lead you to a fulfilling life. Dr. Doty went through a lot of challenges in his early childhood and showed resiliency. In that sense, I hope that from Dr. Hanson's book, I will be able to get a similar vibe from these previous books that I have enjoyed. From the review that I read from the other Writ 340 student, it seems that this book strays away from the spiritual sense and leans more toward brain chemistry and neural function. I think these books are great because you can take what you want to take from them and leave what you think doesn't fit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

AMDP Final

Random Post #2

World We Imagine 1