Random Post #2
I've honestly been feeling kinda lazy lately and feel a little unmotivated doing school work and studying. I've been kinda stressed about getting a job and worrying about my future and to be honest I still have no idea where I'm going to end up nor what I am going to be doing five years from now. I guess from me being stuck in a rut, I've kind of explored some new hobbies and things to do in my free time to try and get my mind back in a motivated and healthy headspace.
So for starters, I keep hearing that working out or exercising daily can have immense benefits to mental health. As I said before, I am pretty lazy so over the past couple of years I've been pretty bad at going to the gym or working out. The gym for me is pretty scary for me and I get a lot of anxiety stepping into a gym mostly because I don't know what I'm doing. But over the past couple of months, I have gone quite a few times and it's actually not as terrifying as I made it out to be. I've also started to get back into tennis which has been fun and recently got some pickleball paddles and want to try it out.
I also have been painting just for fun-I got these basic painting kits from Amazon and it's been so relaxing even though I'm not that artistic. I have also been having some fun playing some games with my boyfriend. We play this game called It Takes Two and Overcooked which is a really funny co-op cooking game. I think it's always a good idea to sometimes take a break, relax, and destress with whatever method works best for you. After trying out these new hobbies and taking some time out of my day to just relax or slow down, it has helped me tremendously.
Hi Lauren, I've also been feeling the same way these past few months :( everything just seems like such a chore recently and I've struggled with trying to find time to do anything other than school work. I've recently gotten back into photography and it's been great. Sometimes though I think it's ok to have lazy days, we all need breaks too!
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren,
ReplyDeleteTo be honest, I have been feeling the same way for some time. It's amazing that you have found something exciting to put your energy into. I have also been experimenting with new ways to spend time instead of worrying or feeling stuck. I've also been trying to get back into playing tennis, but haven't tried pickleball yet. I've heard it is becoming a very popular sport so I might try it out. If you have tried it before, let me know how you like it. Painting also sounds very relaxing -- I'm not great at it but I really enjoy painting on the beach. I must admit almost all my paintings are terrible but taking those days to slow down and relax has really helped me a lot. Overall, this is a great post -- it is a great reminder for all of us to take a step back and relax when we need to.
Hi Lauren, I can definitely relate to feeling unmotivated, especially as I'm finishing out senior year. Although I have a job lined up and will be moving to NYC, I am terrified of this change and feel anxious about whether or not I've made the right decisions. After reading your post, I am inspired to pick up some hobbies, relax, slow down, and enjoy the time I have left in LA.
ReplyDeleteHi Lauren, thank you so much for sharing! Frankly, I thought about writing my random post 2 on a similar topic like yours, about how I’ve been feeling a little sad for no reason recently. But I backed out of it, because I was scared to admit that’s how I’ve been feeling. So I’m really glad that you brought up your mental stage of feeling a little lost yet still trying to keep yourself positive with various activities. That is so relatable!
ReplyDelete